Your Mama Loves You

Allow me to tell you a story

I didn't know where I was going to live when I graduated college. I had the school send my diploma to my parents so I wouldn't lose track of it in case I had to move. A few months later, my mom called me to inform me that she got it. It almost broke my heart listening to her describe it. She was so proud of me. She read every word carefully, relishing the word choice. When she tried to describe the gold seal, she started to cry. To me it was just a piece of paper to undermine how difficult college was. It was a magnificent document after this phone call.

Sometimes I get frustrated with her, but its times like these when I realize just how much love existed without me being a good friend, a good conversationalist, or a polite show item

Mothers.

I am sure they aren't all the same, but no one has been able to really quantify the feelings mothers have for their children until they experience it first hand.

And most likely, no matter what you do, you mom is in the background supporting every decision you make.

Today's affirmation might seem dorky, but it will help you step out of yourself a little to see your own self worth.

My mama loves me.

Use the affirmations you see on this site by repeating them to yourself whenever you get a chance. Repeat it to yourself all day long if you can. Stare into your beautiful eyes in the mirror and say them aloud. Say it until you believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment