Be Brave

What is the bravest thing you can think of? Is it moving away from your friends and family for a job? Is it jumping out of a plane? For some people, these things aren't that scary. For me, public speaking and riding motorcycles isn't scary at all. However, the prospect of sticking up for myself is enough to make me want to hide under my covers. Does that make you laugh? Sure, for some its not big deal, but I find those confident self-assured people brave.

Today's exercise is pinpointing exactly what frightens you. Do a thought experiment. What is the worst that can happen? Remember that for other people, this is no big deal. Remember that there are things that you do that others would consider brave. These are the baby steps that will make you fearless. It may start with booking scuba diving lessons, but it may end with you learning how to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment