GOOP Review: June 16th 2011

Although I am not positive that GOOP is a worthwhile style guide, I can say that I am eerily drawn to the idea of reading the page on emails from Academy Award Winner Gwyneth Paltrow. I can not tell whether or not she is out of touch with reality and trying to connect with us, or if she is trying to make us commonwealths more glamorous. Either way, lets see how well she does.

This Week's address was a tribute to Father's day. If you do not get her emails, you can access this newsletter on her website here. Because she connects with her father over food, this tribute came in the form of an interview with the Editor of Chief of Bon Appetite Adam Rapoport. Its fun. Its like free associating.


Luckily Adam Rapoport was very articulate and introspective. I would not normally care what the editor in chief of a food magazine thought, but he seemed to have some insight that transcended borders. That was about the extent of the value of this newsletter. I didn't feel particularly informed nor stylish afterwards, and the fathers day theme didn't slap me in the face. However, it was a good oppurtunity to plug her book My Father's Daughter, which frankly would have been a much better topic of this newsletter.

What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment