Death

Everyone is going to die.  Its obvious. People deal with it in different ways. There is a philosophy that says that our entire lives, the creation of government, the existence of technology, and even our hobbies are just preoccupations made to overt our attention from our own death. Someone out there created this philosphey in order to better grasp thier own death.

You are going to have to deal with death at some point. Either someone you love is going to die, someone you barely knew is going to die, or you are going to go through the frightening grasp with mortality that is dealing with your own eventual doom.

You deal with grief your own way. You can't do it wrong.


The thing that scares me most when someone I know dies is that I could have said one more thing, made one more memory for this person before they stopped making memories.


The way I am dealing with it is knowing that there is always time to change. Regret is only positive if it leads to change...



I am going to keep death in my mind, but not in a deleterious sort of way. I am going to remember that someday, all of this will end for someone. Maybe it will be someone I love, maybe it will be me. I am going to stop taking advantage of the time I have by making sure I tell the people I love that I love them now, instead of later.

Today, if you are like me, you will stop taking advantage of time.

Rest in Peace Uncle Troy

No comments:

Post a Comment