What are you waiting for?

Remember our old affirmation, the one that goes "you are the one you are waiting for"? I had a few more thoughts on it and I felt like we should discuss it more.

What are you waiting for? No, really. Everyone is waiting for something. In college I knew a whole grip of people that were waiting until college ended for their lives to start, for them to start enjoying life. Do you think that you'll finally be happy once you pay off your loans, once you get married, once you have a baby, once you own your own house, once you move out of your parents home, once you get that promotion, once you write that novel. Well good for you, you have hopes and dreams.

But, just for a moment, lets consider those things not happening. Or even worse, what if those things happen, and you still aren't happy. Is it possible? Yes. For me at least, when I saying I am waiting for those things, I am lying a bit. I am lying to myself. I am not waiting for riches, or security, I am waiting for happiness.

happiness.


I am going to forget that entire cycle and address the underlying problem. I am going to look for happiness now, opposed to all those distractions. For me, I was waiting on happiness.

Today, ask yourself: what are you really waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment