Work Vs. Play

Have you ever heard the phrase, "do what you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life?" Well, no one I ever cared about told that to me. My sensible family of meager beginnings told me to work hard for a living because life is hard. There is no getting by easy in this world. Everyone works as hard as they can, and what separates the good from the bad is not the will to work, but the ability to really do so.

What happened to me is probably what happened to most people. I have a job I am good at, but hobbies that define me.

So what do you do? What part of your life defines you? It is okay if it isn't your job, a vast majority of us have a 9-5 to pay off student loans and shelter for the people we love. What isn't okay is having nothing that defines you.

Today's goal is to do something. No, don't just do your job, do something that is meaningful to who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment