Do you make your friends jealous?

I was sitting at a local coffee shop the other day when I started idly flipping through some glossy magazines. That's when I stumbled upon a Cosmo Quiz called "Do you make your friends Jealous". I took the quiz to find out that yes, I do make my friends jealous.

This quiz comes from a place of deep negativity. Someone out there was jealous of a friend and decided to make this quiz. Instead of blaming him/herself for their own lack of self worth, they blamed their friend for being so successful.

The quiz suggested that I should try to commiserate more, share my deep insecurities, and be willing to be a shoulder to cry on. My response is no. I will not bring my entire life down, my entire self worth down, in order to keep weak friends.

The lesson is twofold. First, don't relish in your own misery, and especially not in others. Every experience you have creates the landscape of your life. It doesn't do you any justice to take part in sadness theater. Second, are friends that don't want you to be happy and self confident worth it? Was this magazine worth it?

Today, make your friends jealous

No comments:

Post a Comment